Description

AN AMERICAN ACCOUNT OF PARIS : LIVING, EATING, AND TRYING TO SPEAK FRENCH

Saturday, December 24, 2011

CHRISTMAS EVE!

Santa is on his way! I've tried to be good this year (even if some people, like the French populace make it a bit difficult sometimes) and hope he brings me all I've wanted, but I must say that having my family here is gift enough. In my family, eating special treats is a big Christmas tradition and I've been eating plenty of buche de noel, chocolat, and carbs smothered in cheesy fattness to keep up with it. What are some of your holiday traditions? Here in France children put their shoes out in hopes that Santa (or Papa Noel) will fill them with gifts. He also adorns the tree with small toys, fruit, nuts and candy. Leave it to the skinny French to count fruit and nuts as special Santa gifts. 

I hope you all drink lots of eggnog, eat delicious Christmas vittles, and enjoy this time of year when magic and love abound. May Santa bring you all you asked for this Christmas season!





No comments:

Post a Comment