Description

AN AMERICAN ACCOUNT OF PARIS : LIVING, EATING, AND TRYING TO SPEAK FRENCH

Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Since Halloween doesn't really exist here I'm hoping that all of you will go out and have an extra-spooky time to make up for my loss of tricking an treating. It's always been one of my favorite holidays and I cannot wait to start making scary Halloween treats next year for friends and family. The last two years I had a Halloween feast in which everything I served had a disgustingly ghoulish name such as "Ogre Boogers" for pesto gnocchi, or "Human Ribs" for, well, baby back pork ribs. There is a plethora of great ideas out there on the web for Halloween dishes and decor that I found it too irresistable to resist. I often go to Martha Stewarts website for inspiration because she really is the queen of holidays. Here are some of my favorites:  


Cauldron Curry

Martha Stewart

Bat Wings

Martha Stewart

Sinister Spread


Dexter's Dining Kill Room

While this is obviously NOT Martha, it is a wonderful idea if you want to have a seriously terrifying Halloween Feast. With this creepy decor it doesn't matter what you serve, but I do think a nice bloody steak would be appropriate. 



inbloomeventdesign.blogspot.com

Use your imagination and remember, it doesn't have to be too literal. I'm planning on getting a nice set of dishes in either black stone or rustic silver to help bring an eerie element to the table. Oh, and if you read my Kitchen Tools post then you hopefully went out and bought a cast iron pot if you don't already have one. A Halloween Feast is a perfect time to use it because it makes for a great cauldron! 



No comments:

Post a Comment